The last year in education has been an ‘all hands on deck’ situation. Educators, parents, districts, providers, nonprofits…everyone pitched in to keep student progress moving forward under challenging, and constantly changing, circumstances.
Like a stress test, this current school year demonstrated how important it is to have an efficient and flexible marketing operation that can still work under pressure. Maybe you learned how valuable your products are for remote learning. Maybe your offering was adapted by teachers and now has a whole new audience. Maybe you found that social was a powerful channel for outreach.
With all that in mind, it’s clear the future of education is being forged right now. Educators working to address learning loss are deciding how best to invest the windfall of federal funds.
Is Your Marketing Engine Ready?
How will you be adapting your education marketing strategies for the next school year? If your takeaways from 2020 include the need for more efficient, versatile, and results-driven strategies, we’ve got you covered.
Over the course of 2020, we offered resources and tools to help marketers adjust plans, reach educators, and stay informed to keep up. As education ramps up for this next high-activity phase, we’ve pulled together this collection of resources:
Clean, Complete Data
Ensuring your data is in order will increase the efficiency of your whole marketing operation in 2021.
- Gain keen insights into ways you can use clean, accurate, and fresh data to engage educators and generate conversions from our free report, From Clean to Activated: Getting the Maximum ROI from Education Data.
- Track over $112 billion in COVID-19 relief funding for the Education Stabilization Fund using MDR’s MarketView Grants feature.
- Read Start 2021 with a Playbook Based on 2020 Experiences for tips and insights to inform your 2021 marketing plans.
Digital Channels Work
Digital outreach is especially well-suited as educators look online to source remote learning resources and materials, brush up on technical skills, and more.
- Learn about the strategies that can increase educator engagement and deliver ROI in MDR’s Data-Driven Digital Marketing Trends in Education: Behavior and Benchmarks Guide.
- Listen to a webinar by Sean McCloud, MDR Digital Products Manager, for actionable strategies to make the most of your multi-channel marketing.
- Get answers to the questions attendees asked regarding personalization, lines of business, digital advertising, and the COVID-19 impact for even more insight.
Informed School Intel
With the stakes so high, brands and marketers need solid intel to help them support schools and teachers. We reached out to K-12 teachers and asked.
- Get An Inside Look at School Supply Lists for 2020-2021: Helping Districts and Educators Adapt for teachers’ perspectives on how school supply lists have been impacted by the pandemic.
- Learn How 2020 Shifted Perceptions of Technology in the Classroom. We explored teachers’ experiences and attitudes about technology, especially related to education’s pandemic response.
- Read Six Hot Topics in Education for 2021 to help plan your 2021 marketing activities. Consider the ways that you can help educators make positive changes for their students and teachers.
2020 taught us how to be nimble with our marketing programs and flexible with our plans, but we know that isn’t easy. This year, we will continue to provide you with new resources and support to help you be successful as this school year comes to a close and the 2021-2022 school year unfolds.
To have more like this delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe to School of Thought.