The Intersection Between Tech and Next Gen Learning Featured at ISTELive 23
Are you headed to Philadelphia for ISTELive 23? Hosted June 25-28 by the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), ISTELive is the premier annual conference for teachers who are passionate about leveraging technology to transform learning. Featured speakers come from the education world and the agenda features sessions, hands-on learning opportunities, and an exhibit floor where attendees can try out the latest in edtech. Back “live” for the second year, ISTE predicts that this year’s attendance may rival the more than 14,000 registrants and hundreds of exhibitors who participated in New Orleans last year.
At MDR, we’re busy planning our schedules for ISTELive 23 and would love to see you in our WeAreTeachers booth #1121. We’ll be there to connect with thousands of enthusiastic educators from around the country to share with them the ideas, resources, and stories available to the WeAreTeachers online community. Plus, our MDR team members will be available to chat with you about the ways that we can help you realize your education marketing goals through our data, reach, and activation services.
Meanwhile, here are events and activities at the show that we’re putting on our calendars:
- Visit the ISTEverse to experience the future of learning. There you’ll discover immersive learning spaces that leverage augmented and virtual reality to create dynamic, interactive learning adventures and experiences.
- Head over to the ISTELive Discovery Museum. New to ISTELive, the museum is a multi-venue space where you can create and view works of art representing learning experiences that have transformed teaching and learning.
- Walk the miles-long exhibitor floor and discover all the new things happening in the K-12 edtech industry.
- Attend thought-provoking presentations from featured speakers on the ISTELive Mainstage. A few highlights include:
- Joyce Abbott, educator and inspiration for “Abbott Elementary” and Tyler James Williams who plays Gregory Eddie on the hit show
- Chris Lehmann, founding principal and CEO, Science Leadership Academy Philadelphia
- Alei Ward, science media correspondent and producer
- Sharif El-Mekki, founder and CEO, Center for Black Educator Development
- Abran Maldonado, associate director, NYC Media Lab and Verizon’s 5G edtech program
- Kevin Roose, New York Times tech columnist and author
While we know our feet will be tired from the conference, there’s always time after the exhibit floor closes to go exploring. We aren’t going to miss out on the beautiful City of Brotherly Love and you shouldn’t either:
- Stroll through Independence Square to see the Liberty Bell and the buildings where our Forefathers drafted the foundation of our democracy.
- Visit the Barnes Foundation to explore one of the finest collections of impressionist, post-impressionist, and early modernist art.
- Take a trip up the iconic Rocky steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and snap a photo in front of the boxer’s statue to celebrate your accomplishment. If you have time, visit the museum, featuring 240,000 works.
Will you be attending ISTELive 23 this year? We’d love to connect with you! Stop by booth #1121 or reach out and we’ll set a time to connect in Philadelphia.