What are PIDs and NIDs?
MDR’s Permanent Identification number, abbreviated PID, is our proprietary system that assigns a unique numeric identifier to each single education institution. The PID identifies an entity of teachers and students, not a physical place, and stays with the institution for the life of the institution, even as addresses, institution names, or even minor grade span changes occur. Plus, we maintain the hierarchical structure of schools to districts and sub-districts to large districts with Parent and Ultimate Parent PIDs.
In addition to PIDs for institutions, each person on the MDR database is linked to an institution with a 5-digit identifier called a Name Identification number, abbreviated NID. When that number is used in conjunction with an institution’s PID, the combined PID and NID becomes a personal 13-digit unique identifier.
How do the PID and NID help me market and sell to schools?
MDR’s PID and NID numbering system, as core components on a pristine database, provides a uniform way to manage all the data attributes of your educational entities. Using the PID is an efficient and effective method for an organization to establish one common source for all customer records. When different departments across marketing, sales, and customer service interact with a customer or account, having the PID number in place ensures all are using the same, accurate information.
Because the PID number never changes, it is a powerful way to enable:
- Systems Connectivity. The PID provides the means to link your CRM, marketing automation, ERP, and business intelligence systems ensuring consistent and current information across your business.
- Data Updates. Using the PID accelerates—with efficiency—the update of new, timely, and actionable data.
- Data Hygiene. The PID ensures your data is maintained accurately and efficiently within your database.
- ABM/ABS Strategies. Understand the hierarchy of influencers, decision makers, and buyers with the PID and NID organizational structures to inform your account-based marketing and sales strategies.
- Connectivity to D-U-N-S®. Add the D-U-N-S number to your database structure to link with other data sources including trade credit, compliance, and more.
MDR recommends setting up your database, CRM, marketing automation, and online ordering and purchasing systems using the PID. This way all purchase data, account updates, and marketing campaigns are all tracked to one single institution record.