Classroom Trends: Teachers as Buyers of Instructional Materials and Users of Technology
EdNET Insight Report
Ready to get the report?
Classroom Trends: Teachers as Buyers of Instructional Materials and Users of Technology is the first of four opens in a new windowpublications that will make up the State of the K-12 Market Report 2016 opens in a new windowseries. It is based on wide-scale survey findings from more than 1,300 teachers and key trends affecting classrooms today. Actionable recommendations for publishers and other providers of education-related products and services are presented as well.
Topics addressed in the report include:
- Types of materials teachers buy for their classrooms and where they do their shopping
- Factors that play a role in deciding what to purchase
- Role of the teacher in school and district selection of a range of educational products
- How teachers find—and create their own— instructional materials they use in their classes.
- Digital instructional materials—what features teachers value, what roadblocks they have encountered
- Available classroom technologies
- Challenges teachers face of using apps
- Overall adequacy of instructional technology in schools