1970s - Enter the Computer
The 1970s saw our product line grow and our services improve.
- 1973 An arrangement with My Weekly Reader combined their teacher lists with MDR’s list of schools and school budget data
- 1977 Installed our first computer
- 1978 Acquired Curriculum Information Center (CIC) to add school district administrator names, public libraries, and school directories to our product suite
- 1978 Installed WATS lines so we could phone school districts directly to update the database
- 1979 Developed a computerized system to reflect the actual organization of the school market, making it possible to add more data and update it more quickly